RIDGE Platform Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes prohibited uses of the Ridge Platform and Ridge Cloud Services available in connection therewith as offered by Ridge, and as made available to you on the Ridge Website located at www.ridge.co. We may modify this AUP at any time by posting a revised version on the Ridge Website. By using the Ridge Cloud Services or accessing the Ridge Platform or Ridge Website, you agree to the latest version of this AUP. If you violate the AUP or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your Account and your access to the Ridge Platform and use of the Ridge Cloud Services. Any capitalized terms not defined herein have such meaning ascribed to them in the Ridge Terms of Services available at https://www.ridge.co/legal/tos.
No Violation of Ridge Intellectual Property
You will not use the Ridge Cloud Services in any manner or for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by the Ridge Terms of Services. You will not, and will not encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct any third party to:
- modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of the Ridge Platform, any Ridge Cloud Service and any Ridge Content included in therein;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Ridge Platform or the Ridge Cloud Service or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Ridge Content or the Ridge Cloud Service.
No Violation of the License granted to You
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct any third party to:
- Access or use the Ridge Cloud Service in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas;
- resell or sublicense the Ridge Cloud Service;
- Gain, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Ridge Cloud Service that do not fall under the rights granted you;
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct any third party to use, the Ridge Platform or the Ridge Cloud Service for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive activity, including:
- To transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available any User Content that is illegal, obscene, harmful, fraudulent, infringing, libelous, offensive, hateful, encourages unlawful acts or otherwise objectionable.
- To transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available User Content through or in connection with the Ridge Cloud Services that violates local, state, federal, or international laws or regulations under any applicable law.
- To transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available User Content that violates, to the best of the your knowledge, any proprietary rights or intellectual property rights of third parties, including without limitation, those associated with trade secrets, copyrights, patents and trademarks.
- To transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available User Content that violates, to the best of the your knowledge, the privacy rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, the collection of information about individuals without their knowledge or consent, except as allowed by applicable laws and regulations.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Ridge Platform or Ridge Cloud Services to violate the security or integrity of the Ridge Platform, any Ridge Cloud Services, Ridge network or Ridge Data Centers, or any computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device, and you may not use the Ridge Platform or any Ridge Cloud Services to violate the security or integrity with respect of any Third Party Resources (collectively, the “System(s)”), including:
- Accessing or using, or attempting to access or use, any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Configuring the Systems to bypass security controls, including, without limitation, the installation of programs or services that allow the Systems to be managed or accessed insecurely or through unauthorized means.
- Monitoring any data or content or traffic on a System without permission.
- Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route.
- Transmitting or otherwise making available any malicious code, including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, or any other computer code, file, or program.
No Abuse of Usage Permissions
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct any third party to make connections to any users or networks unless you are authorized to communicate with them, including by:
- Causing disruption in any Systems by monitoring or crawling of such System.
- Interfering or disrupting the integrity, performance or operation of any System, including attempting to overload a system by any flooding techniques.
- Attempting to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access, use, hosting and storage restrictions.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Ridge reserves the right, but is not obligated to, monitor, audit and investigate any of your use of the Ridge Platform and Ridge Cloud Services for any reason, without notice, to ensure your compliance with this AUP and the Agreement. In any event of violation of this AUP or misuse of the Ridge Cloud Services or Ridge Platform, we may, at our sole direction, remove, disable access, reject, refuse to transmit or post, block any of the User Content, or restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Ridge Cloud Services at any time.
Ridge reserves the right to report any activity that it suspects violates any applicable law or regulation to the appropriate law authority or other third parties. Ridge will cooperate with any law enforcement authorities for purpose of investigating and prosecuting illegal conduct, including by disclosing information on your account in accordance with any legal requirement or by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this AUP.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this AUP, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]